Sunday, May 29, 2011

Mike and Elise's wedding

Mike and Elise are friends I met through scuba diving and they were on holiday diving off Sipidan Island, Malaysia when Mike proposed underwater. Elise suspected it was coming on the trip but she told me later that she didn't expect it to happen actually during a dive.


Sipidan Water Village, Sipidan Malaysia





Infinite Eyes


In that charged bond,
Lit with the sparks of unvoiced volumes,
I found an honesty

Conveyed with looks both of fleeting nothing
And of deepest meaning
Was a truth

The strands of fate weave unknowable patterns
Yet for that frozen instant in time
There was peace and love,
Thoughts of what could be,
Blossoming happy futures


In the infinite chances of this universe
I saw your infinite eyes
And my heart rejoiced.




Elise told me that she felt like she'd seen a spark in Mike's eyes when they first started the dive and that somehow it touched her differently. She thought it was the tropical paradise letting her mind go free, but I think it was more that wonderful anticipation when you know that love is about to make the next leap. In any case, Elise gave me a bit of guidance and I put together the reading you see above. It went down a treat.


I hope you enjoyed reading this piece as I really enjoyed writing it. Definitely one of my favourites.

Peter


Please feel free to contact me about custom wedding readings via email at customweddingreadings@gmail.com or leave your contact information in the comments section of any of my posts.

No comments:

Post a Comment