Sunday, May 29, 2011

Carla and Steven's wedding in Maryland

Here is a piece I did for two very good friends of mine, Carla and Steven. I spoke to Steve during the build up to their wedding day and he told me that he really wanted to write something for Carla that showed both how he felt and tied into the experiences they'd had since they first met. He had his mother read it out to Carla in front of their family and guests during the ceremony. I recall seeing a few happy tears from the bride as she listened and Steve was very pleased with how it came out.

Just as an advance note. I never claim the credit for these pieces when it comes time for them to be read. As far as I'm concerned, I am just putting words to the feelings that my friends and clients have. I'm here to help make your day really special, not to try and get in the limelight :-)


Note, this isn't the actual wedding as I don't post pictures unless specifically given permission, but this garden is where the ceremony was held.



To my love


It’s a wonderful feeling when you find a best friend then fall in love with them. You laugh, cry, fight, make up, talk about everything, talk about nothing and there is love and friendship.

You go through the good times of fun, laughter, joy, food, drink, and there is love and friendship.

You go through tears, loss, sadness and hard times, and still there is love and friendship.

You talk with your own private language. Sometimes it’s with words, real or the fanciful creations of your collective minds. Those silly endearments that would leave a stranger confused but, like a familiar blanket, wrap your heart in warmth or curve your lips into a grin.

A look, a private smile, the touch of a finger, the comfort of a hug or the soft press of lips. It all comes together in that dizzying whirl of time in company that you never tire of keeping.

I write this for someone who does all this and more.

For someone who wags a finger from under the bundle of morning covers.

For someone who turned out oaky and dry.

Someone I would travel four thousand miles with.

Someone I love…

…just as they are.



Just to clue you in, both of had discovered a shared love of wine tasting and Steve told me about the time, several months into their tasting, that Carla mistakenly announced to him that she (not her taste in wine) was now oaky and dry, which made them both laugh. They also did a big road trip across the States, hence the four thousand miles.

The ending line comes from the film Bridget Jones' Diary, which the couple had watched together and really enjoyed. They decided that line really suited them and how they felt.

I hope you enjoyed reading this piece.

Peter

Please feel free to contact me about custom wedding readings via email at customweddingreadings@gmail.com or leave your contact information in the comments section of any of my posts.

No comments:

Post a Comment